Chronicles Revisited Podcast 2 — One Tax Program to Rule Them All
In 1987, three small software companies appeared on "Computer Chronicles" to demonstrate their income tax preparation programs. One of those programs, TurboTax, continues to dominate the market today. But while TurboTax now belongs to Intuit Corporation, back in 1987 it was still owned by a literal "mom and pop" company called ChipSoft. How did Intuit end up taking over TurboTax? And what happened to the other two products?
- Computer Chronicles Revisited, Part 80 — The Tax Advantage, MacInTax, TurboTax, and PC/Tax Cut
- Computer Chronicles #421 — Tax Preparation Software
- In$ide Intuit (Suzanne E. Taylor and Kathy Schroeder, 2003)
- Oral History of Scott Cook (Computer History Museum, 2019)
- Oral History of Scott Proulx (Computer History Museum, 2019)
- Podcast Music: "Scenic Detour" by Melody Ayres-Griffiths